Since 1973, BE:EUROPE is the only survey that reaches into the corner offices of the region’s largest and most important corporations. We talk to the key decision makers, people whose purchasing decisions are pivotal to the fortunes of a whole range of industries including airlines, hotels, banking, IT and luxury cars.
The survey is an essential planning and sales tool for media owners, advertisers and agencies wishing to target Europe’s top business executives. Their salaries are on average almost seven times higher than those of the general population. BE:EUROPE is unique in having charted the development of this group of individuals.
BE:EUROPE remains unrivalled in its reliability and in the vital audience it represents, enabling users to make robust comparisons within a specific survey or over time. Combined with our consistent and transparent methodology you can be sure that the Business Elite surveys will provide you with the most reliable data available.
BE:Europe 2013 Launch
The latest edition of the BE:EUROPE series was presented on 19 September 2013 in London. The presentation is now available for download.
BE:EUROPE 2013 is the twenty-second in a series of surveys, first published in 1973. BE:EUROPE has used a consistent definition of a business person throughout the survey series, with continuous updating and refinement. BE:EUROPE 2013 covers an estimated universe of 435,112 executives at 59,435 business establishments in seventeen European countries.
- Establishments are sampled from general and sector specific business lists.
- These establishments are called to confirm their eligibility for the survey and to identify up to three qualifying individuals per establishment.
- A self completion questionnaire is sent to eligible individuals. Additionally, a URL is provided for alternate online completion.
- Data from returned questionnaires is weighted to represent the universe of BE:EUROPE executives (as estimated from stages one and two).
- The results are based on two years worth of universe estimations weighted evenly to reflect data across these periods.
The questionnaire is sent to respondents in their language of preference (either the local language or English) and is also available online.
The 8 sided questionnaire collects readership, viewership, business and personal profile data. In each country, a common list of international and regional publications are covered, together with relevant national titles.
Questionnaires were despatched in February 2013, and returns accepted until June 2013.