Ipsos MediaCT is bringing mobile into mainstream market research with the launch of Mobi-Vision, a research tool to enable clients to capture insights in real time via smartphones.
By packaging mobile surveys, passive mobile measurement and live qualitative research, Ipsos MediaCT has developed research solutions that will revolutionise the way that many media, content and technology research projects are undertaken.
In development for the past two years, Ipsos MediaCT’s mobile solutions have been piloted and tested across the world. This, combined with client consultation, has led to a number of research frameworks that will help to continue the move of media, content and technology research into the digital age, overcoming many different issues with traditional research methods such as the reliance on recall, the difficulty of evaluating content in real time and based on location, and the speed of delivery of results.
The new frameworks being offered to clients include:
- Mobi-Vision Real Time Content Evaluator is a cost effective evaluation of broadcast content from pilot through to broadcast using a combination of mobile and online methods.
- Mobi-Vision Diary allows the capture of data in real time through the collection of granular diary type information as well as photos/videos. This data can also be supplemented through passive measurement tools to capture actual mobile behaviour such as the use of apps, use of the mobile internet, mobile media consumption or location via GPS.
- Mobi-Vision Events allows push based polling to be delivered to handsets in real time, allowing real time evaluation of live events such as cinema going, concerts, festivals, exhibitions or live sporting events.
- Mobi-Vision Engagement can capture audience engagement and appreciation as the content is being consumed, resulting in measures of engagement, mood and appreciation that are more valid and a more accurate reflection of attitudes and experience.
- Mobi-Vision Cross Platform can help clients understand how audiences consume brands across different platforms. Using passive measurement on a phone, a PC and diary or survey based measures for other consumption, Ipsos MediaCT can now help media brands understand cross platform interaction.