Survey of Business & Financial Journalists
The Ipsos MORI survey of Business and Financial journalists provides key insights into the relationship of businesses with the media, and allows clients to gain detailed information on the opinions of one of the best-informed and influential stakeholder groups in their industry.
Business and Financial journalists are an important source of knowledge on what is happening in your sector and have a great influence on the views of key players as well as their readers and consumers more generally.
Organisations may get feedback from journalists, but often this is piecemeal and incomplete. Ipsos MORI can offer an independent, systematic review of key journalists’ opinions on both you and your competitors.
This research will enable you to:
understand how these key opinion shapers perceive your and your competitors’ brands
- evaluate the effectiveness of your communications and press relations
- highlight the importance of your input
- pinpoint areas for improvement and plan future communications and press relations strategies
Ipsos MORI’s extensive heritage of tracking the country’s top business journalists, combined with our understanding of this key stakeholder group, gives our analysis and results interpretation a unique depth. In our face-to-face presentations we contextualise the survey data against the economic and business environment to draw out key insights for our clients.
This is a unique survey and offers an independent and authoritative audit of the views of the key journalists who write about business in the UK at the moment. The survey is outstanding value for money because costs are shared by multiple subscribing clients.
Fieldwork is conducted face-to-face to ensure that the data collected is of the highest quality. Face-to-face research is the best way to maximise the potential of each interview, and there is no better way to probe for sentiment.
Between 80 and 90 interviews with key business and financial journalists will be conducted in each wave of the survey. Early subscribers will be able to nominate specific journalists for inclusion and additional journalists of relevance to individual clients can also be included.
Questionnaire and costs:
The core package of questions includes the following:
- Your company performance benchmarked against 4 comparator brands in terms of familiarity, favourability, advocacy and media relations
- Detailed perceptions and ratings on aspects of your media relations
- Verbatim comments of your company’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as comments on the performance of your media relations team
- Methods of contact with your company
- Interpretation of how you should improve your relationship with the media
- Relevant tracking data (where available) from our database of more than 1500 companies
- Contextual information on expectations and attitudes of Business & Finance Journalists
You are also welcome to ask tailored questions in addition of the above core package.
Full Basic Package per wave £9,600
Financial module £3,700
Additional pre-coded question £1,400
Additional 'open' question £2,600
For further information, please call your regular Ipsos MORI contact or:
Charles Adriaenssens on 020 7347 3184
Chris O'Brien on 020 7347 3460
Himanshu Himanshu on 020 7347 3946