Survey of Technology Journalists
Journalists who operate in the technology sector are at the cutting edge of the industry and have a huge influence on how new products come into the market. The Ipsos MORI survey of technology journalists provides key insights from this important audience. It is designed to provide clients with detailed information on the opinions of one of the best informed and influential stakeholder groups in the industry.
Technology is clearly one of the fastest changing fields in the news, and the journalists who cover this sector are at the forefront of consumer and business technological innovation. Veteran technology journalists are a harbinger of things to come, and understanding their opinions is vital to any organisation operating in that space.
Organisations may get feedback from journalists, but often this is piecemeal and incomplete. Ipsos MORI can offer an independent, systematic review of key journalists’ opinions on both you and your competitors.
This research will enable you to:
- Understand how these key opinion shapers perceive your and your competitors’ brands and products
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your communications and media relations
- Pinpoint areas for improvement and plan future communications and press relations strategies
- Learn about associations with your company in terms of innovation, industry leadership and other attributes
This is a unique survey providing an independent and authoritative audit of the views of the key journalists who write about the technology sector in the UK at the moment. The survey itself is flexible and offers a tailored approach that can be shaped depending on the needs of individual clients.
Fieldwork is conducted face-to-face to ensure that the data collected is of the highest quality. Face-to-face research is the best way to maximise the potential of each interview, and there is no better way to probe for sentiment. However to keep in the spirit of the audience we are talking to Ipsos MORI will also be offering face-to-face interviewing via webcam.
Approximately 40-50 interviews with key technology sector editors and journalists will be conducted. Early subscribers will be able to nominate specific journalists for inclusion and additional journalists of relevance to individual clients can also be included.
Questionnaire and costs:
The survey is outstanding value for money because the costs are shared by multiple subscribing clients.
The core package of questions costs £8,000 and includes the following:
- Your company performance compared to the rest of the sector in terms of familiarity, favourability, advocacy and media relations
- Detailed perceptions and ratings of aspects of your media relations
- Types of contact with your company
- Interpretation of how you should improve your relationship with the media
You are also welcome to ask tailored questions
in addition to the above core package. The survey is costed on the basis of questionnaire length, so the price of your survey will depend solely on how long it takes to ask. Because of this we cost each questionnaire on its own merits. As a guideline a pre-coded
question costs approximately £900
and an open-ended
question will cost £1,600
. All prices are quoted excluding VAT.
For further information, please call your regular Ipsos MORI contact or:
Matt Williams on 020 7347 3320
Himanshu Himanshu on 020 7347 3946